Sunday, February 22, 2009

Love at First Sight...(The Happiest Day of My Life contd...)

So far...
My sis has been hospitalized as her water had broken...I went to see her but had to stand for 5 hrs in a bus.I was tricked into taking a bath and after 2 days i came to Chandigarh where i spent 5 days just existing as i was scared out of my wits...
Now...

It was Friday night 8:30...I was going to have dinner with Rahul(Sukhi),Prashant(Pogo),Ankit Godiyal(Gaudi)..We had just crossed the college main gate when my phone rang...(They say there are some rings that you can't forget...If i had to list top 10 rings which changed my life --This ring certainly tops the list)It was dad...

He seemed rattled and all flustered..I asked him if everything was ok..He said that sis had given birth to a doll...
I said come on Dad don't joke...Then i realised the gravity in his voice...There was a silence...That day i understood the meaning of the word Pregnant Silence...After that i started jumping on the road..Well i was...(Damn those Adjectives--Why do they always fail me...)

I just couldn't contain myself...I was congratulated by my friendz who gave me hugs and i was a proud Mama...U can't even begin to imagine the happiness that sweeps you when become a mama...
Dude...I was a mama..

While eating food which i ate hurriedly i called everyone--I mean everyone in my contact list...And what did i tell them...Dude i am a mama...

First i called Sumit then Arjit,Sagar,Mohit and every contact that existed in my phone...Some were surprised to hear from me after so much time...But it was the happiest day of my life...And i wanted that happiness to pervade the cosmos...I wasn't sure i had the capability to contain so much happiness inside me...

I borrowed 200Rs from Sukhi(He is our treasurer)And bought some choclates...(20 to be precise)3 of'em i gave it there only and rest i took to my hostel and distributed to my friendz...
But i ran short..So i asked Sumit to come with me...I returned Sukhi his money which he wasn't ready to take as he said he too had become a mama...I said that 200re mein tarka raha hai bhanji ko(giving only 200rs to you niece)...He relented..He could understand the ecstasy i was exuding at that moment...

I went to sector 11 with Sumit on a bike without helmets(if u have been to Chandigarh u know helmets are a pain in the a**)

I bought 49 more chocolates...That was all the money i had...
I had 50 rs left and from that i bought a 45 rs worth of chocolate for Pratap(Sumit)...He truly understood me at that point and was as happy as i was...After reaching hostel i wreaked havoc...I gave chocolate to everyone who dared cross my path that day...Everyone was estatic..Thats the way hostels functions..Its one big family out there...
But the best response came for 2 unexpected quarters...And i don't think i'll ever forget them...

1)
Akhil and his friends started shouting Yeaaaaaa...........Ek aur ladki ney janam liya(One more girl is born...Girl boy ratio 'll be closer now...I laughed and they laughed bcoz they knew they were saying something really really inchorent..But i knew they shared my happiness...

2)The most awesome response came from
Apurva..He and his friendz were drinking...i went into his room and called him out...I told him the good news...Man...He started shouting...He hugged me and trust me it was a bear hug..He almost crushed me...He said nandu aaj to tu piyega hamre saath..(Nandu( thts what i'm called) tdy u'll drink with us...)I said na yaar aaj...I said today is a happy day for me and i won't spoil it..He said okay..I'll drink on behalf...He went toatally crazy..Inside were some hosteliers whom i didn't know...But thts the beauty of a being a hostelite...Both happiness and grief know no bounds...They are with u in every situation...And all of'em hugged me and congratulated me...And with every congratulation every hug my heart just swelled and swelled with happiness...

I called dad...He said everything is fine and u don't need to go..I started laughing...Dad said okay take care on the journey and carry money with u...He knew that i couldn't be stopped...

There was one choclate left...The 45rs one...I gave it to Pratap...He said it'll be shared'.. I said okay...But i need to've a bath..He smiled...He knew that i wanted that moment to be pure...I went to my bathroom to bathe...He went to his..He said..Shez my niece too yaar...

After a good bathe we ate the chocolate...It was heaven..The choclate combined with the emotions it represented..We talked late into the night...In the morning(4 am) he dropped me off at bus stand...I took a bus and immediately dozed off...

I woke up in the middle of nowhere..I called dad...And he said he was on his way to Haridwar..I asked why..He said to take Gangajal...(Its a tradition that Lord Shiva Devotees carry water frm Haridwar to places all over India...But i couldn't comprehend why a non-believer like Dad was going...And then it dawned upon me...It was his way of thanking the Almighty that all had went well)

I reached IFFCO chowk...Now i knew where to go and i wanted to surprise mom and sis and Jijaji..So i walked to hospital and mom was shocked to see me..But i could tell she was happy...
I sat there eager to meet Sis and my niece...Mom guided me to the incubator where she was being kept under observation....And Dude...Did she look pretty...She looked like a little rabbit all scared and lonely huddled in a blanket sleeping peacefully...I stood there just looked at her...And i knew i was in love...[:D]

I met sis...She was exhausted and in excruatiaing pain but she knew that the outcome was something that was beyond the laws of emotions or for that matter any laws...I hugged her...She was happy that i was there...

She went to sleep...I was told by mom that surgery had to be done in emergency...Some old crap of docs...I didn't care...

I was happy that my Sis and my Niece were safe and sound...And that i finally knew what exactly it meant when people say love at first sight....I was madly in love with my niece...

Now she is one and a half year old with nothing but mischief in her big black eyes...She is always in a hurry scurrying like a squirrel from one corner of house to another observing and holding all things that come here way...(Her exploits'll be written some day...)She never cries which i find very difficult to digest as i thought that, that was the trademark of gals...
Well...She sure has some genes of mine in her...

2 comments:

Iti said...

Congrats. After reading this post, I am so happy for you and your sis. I wish your sister and your niece a very good health.

Abhi The Reaper said...

Thanx iti..