Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Happiest Day of My Life....

Well...
This event warranted a blog...Although a blog can't in anyway express the elements of emotions involved in it...But it can certainly be a reminder to me that what passed in the 10 days from 31st July to 10th Aug 2007 were by far the happiest days of my life...

It was 31st July...the 2nd year at college had just begun...There was no light in hostel and i was standing out in my trademark clothes...My jockeys and a baniyan...(Its a common scene in hostels)
I was feeling little bit uneasy...I decided to talk to mom...She always seems to have an answer to my woes...I called her up...She seemed flustered...I could hear some noise..I asked her where she was...She told me that she was going to Gurgaon bcoz my sis(who was pregnant) had to be hospitalized as her water had broken...

Dude...Trust me...I had no idea what that meant.But the mention of hospital,and the verb hospitalized were more than enough to freak the hell out of me...
I called sis...She was as always cheerful and she narrated me in her ever cheerful voice what had transpired that day...I was stupefied...How could my sis be so cheerful...Man...She was hospitalized...And to make matters worse...Her water had broken...(Although i had no clue what that meant)...

I was in Chandigarh and couldn't do anything.Friday came...I just wanted to go and meet sis...I had no idea how to get to Gurgaon..I asked a couple of friendz and they guided me as to how to get there...Luckily i got a bus...The bus had just reached Ambala when it got punctured(Does it get better than this...).The conductor asked us to board other bus and we did...There was no seat and i stood the whole way to Delhi...Well that day i realized that i had the capacity to stand for 5 hrs in a continuously rocking Harayana Roadways bus in the humidity of August...That was an experience...

Well i reached Gurgaon at 10 and my Jijai(Bless the poor chap)came to collect me from there.I went to hospital and met my mom.Sis was asleep.Mom who leaves no occassion to force me to bathe asked me to take a bath as Sis required a germ free environs...I quickly went into the bathroom and had a bath..By the time i came out both of them were sharing a hearty laugh...It was sad to see my sis who is always bubbling with an infinte amount of energy bed ridden and in an excrutiaing pain which one can only begin to imagine...
But everything was fine and docs had situation in control.i spent 2 days with sis and on sunday night i went to Chandigarh...

The whole week i was like a zombie walking through the college.I had no interest in anything...I was as they say totally F****d.I still couldn`t shake the image of my sis lying on that hospital bed...The smell of the hospital lingered on in my nostril for days...And trust me...It is damn nauseating even if it is the best hospital which one can get...
Then on Friday night came the phone call...
Writing abouth that phone call in this blog would be an undermining the events that followed that phone call..So i'm gonna write it in a new post...


No comments: