Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finally...I finished my work...

Its strange what 6 lines of code can achieve...I had been struggling  to get a panoramic view in listbox in WPF which consisted of many pictures. All other coding had been done but my mentor wanted this work done.

I was at my wits end trying to achieve this. For full 1 month i struggled to achieve it. I posted on different WPF forums read many books consulted many people but to no avail. I got varied responses to my query. I was plunged into the abyss of despair. I didn't feel like coming to office and when i came i used to read novels for full 12 hours.

Absolutely no work for 2 weeks...

Then last week 12th April i was determined that i'll ask my mentor to relieve me of this work and give me something new. But then i decided to give it a last try. I was surfing through net when i found an article in the book Programming WPF.

And lo!

I was down to business...

I started writing the code and by tuesday evening i had refined the needed code to only 6 lines which gave me the desired "Look nd Feel."

And Damn...Was I Happy???

But I kept my fingers crossed as it still had to be approved by my mentor...

Till Friday(17th April) i refined my work further and i knew it somewhere inside me that the job was done...

Friday came...

I had a meeting with my mentor...

As I showed him my work,he was stunned to say the least...I knew that bcoz in our last meeting i had almost begged him to relieve me of this work...

But he persisted...And thankfully so did i...

And when i showed him the work i could very well see the twinkle in his eyes...

Its strange how the approval lifted me from the deep and abysmal depths of despair to towering heights of ecstacy...

I couldn't contain my joy...I called everyone in my family and then my friends bcoz they too had sufferred with me...

Finally it was done..And i was happy...

Infact i was so happy that, that night i worked on this till 5 in the morning and refined it to a degree which perhaps even my mentor had not envisaged.

I certainly hope that this continues in my future work too....

No comments: